Join a Progress User Group to help keep the Progress community strong.
What is a Progress User Group?
A Progress User Group (PUG) is an independent association of technical professionals who work with products from the Progress Software Corporation. Typically, they are programmers in the Progress 4GL or fourth generation language who meet to discuss topics related to the Progress Software family of products and the applications built with those products. PUG stands for the Progress User Group. The leading letters indicate which state or region the PUG supports. For example, VAPUG supports Virginia and nearby areas.
Join a Progress User Group Lead by Allegro
If you live or work in Virginia, Washington, D.C., Maryland, or North Carolina, you are welcome to join one of Allegro's Progress user groups serving those areas. Our PUGs are free to join and meet every fall and spring in various cities. To join a PUG in one of these areas, please contact Allegro. If you can't make our meetings, but still want the latest in Progress news and events, visit PUG Central to sign up for our monthly Progress technical newsletter. This monthly newsletter provides you with the latest Progress news and technical articles by Progress experts.
What are the benefits of joining a PUG?
- Terrific, informative meetings and presentations by leading Progress experts.
- Peer networking.
- Discussions of latest Progress® issues and solutions.
- Cool door prizes.
- Free seminars, classes, and refreshments.
- Discount on PSC's annual conference, Exchange.
- An excuse to get away from the office and still further your career and business.
Who are Members?
- Progress 4GL programmers.
- Users of programs written in the Progress® 4GL language (typically large accounting, distribution or ERP packages but many others as well)
- Managers of Progress programmers or companies using Progress application.
- Independent Software Vendors' companies that make applications using Progress.
When and Where are Meetings?
Our PUG meetings are held around mid-April and mid-October. Meetings are held in members' places of business. Because PUG members are spread so far apart, the PUGs actually meet in different cities on consecutive days.
- Central Virginia - Glen Allen, Va.
- North Carolina - Raleigh, N.C.
Who Can Join? What are the Costs?
Our PUGs are open to anyone living or working in Virginia, Maryland, Washington D.C., and North Carolina. There is no fee to join a PUG or to attend meetings.
How Can You Join?
Visit the North America PUG Site to join a PUG or register for PUG events. You can also directly contact Allegro to join one of the PUGs.
Where is more information?
Visit PUG Central, the web clearing house for the Progress user groups to learn about the latest, cutting-edge Progress and industry technologies and get the latest news about useful technical presentations and conferences. Contact Allegro for any PUG-related questions.
Register as a user at PUG Central for the following:
- Monthly Technical Newsletter - Technical how-to articles and the latest in Progress and I.T. industry news.
- Networking Opportunities Set up a user profile to network with your fellow Progress peers.
- Submit Your Own News - If you find news you want included on the site or newsletter, just send this information via the site.